A,W,D or arrow keys: Move/rotate ship
Space/F/Ctrl: Fire the cannons
V: Switch firing side
P: Pause the game
- If you are under fire and don't have the speed or time to move away, turn your ship towards the incoming cannonballs to give a smaller hit area.
- Try to engage as much ships as you can, because plundering a captured ship gives you more gold than destroying it and then plundering the wreck. Don't do this though if you don't have enough crew.
- No matter how many of your crew you lose, if anyone survives the battle, you will start the next level with a fresh full crew.
- There are ships with enormous firepower and crew, but not much gold. These are pirate hunters and privateers looking to hunt you down! Don't let them engage you!
- On higher difficulty levels you have more upgrade levels for your ship!
- Enemy ships look out not to shoot at each other, but with some nasty maneuvers you can draw their fire on each other!